Important – Read Carefully
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE: The Demo Access provided by RSI allows You remote access to Your Demo account as determined and designated by You.
2. REGISTRATION: To open a Demo Account, You must submit a complete RSI Emergency Reporting registration form, which is available at https://emergencyreporting.com/free-trial/index.html (the Free Trial”), on Your behalf. As part of the registration process for the Service, You agree to: (1) provide certain limited information about You as prompted to do so by the form (such information to be current, complete and accurate) and (2) provide accurate information about the agency You represent. The information requested on original signup shall be referred to as registration data (“Registration Data”). If RSI discovers that any of Your Registration Data is inaccurate, incomplete or not current, RSI may terminate Your right to access the Demo immediately, and without notice. RSI will evaluate the registration application in good faith and will notify You in a timely manner regarding acceptance or rejection. RSI may reject a registration application if it determines, in its sole discretion that the user is not an appropriate subscriber or user of the Demo. RSI reserves the right to refuse Demo Access to any user who has canceled any number of previous Service accounts. RSI need not provide a reason for its rejection. You may not register for this Service if You are under 18 years of age. By registering for Demo Access, You represent to RSI that You are 18 years of age or older. Upon completion of the registration process, acceptance of this agreement and approval by RSI, You will have opened a Demo account with RSI and will become an authorized Registrant to the Emergency Reporting Demo of Emergency Reporting.
3. USER CONDUCT AND PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: (a) No Resale or Commercial Use of the Service. Your right to use the Demo is personal to You. You may be either an individual or a corporation or business entity, but You agree not to resell the use of the Demo Account, any downloadable plug-in or other materials or any information obtained by You without the express written consent of RSI.
(b) Conduct. You are solely responsible for the content of Your transmissions and use of the Demo Account. RSI does, however, reserve the right to take any action with respect to the Service that RSI deems necessary or appropriate in RSI’s sole discretion if RSI believes you or Your transmissions or use of the Service may create liability for RSI. Your use of the Service is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising). You agree: (1) to comply with all United States laws, rules and other regulations applicable in connection with the Service; (2) not to use the Service for illegal purposes; (3) not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Service; (4) not to use the Service to infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; and (5) not to transmit through the Service, through Feedback or otherwise, any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature. You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems and You will not interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Service.
(c) Proprietary Rights. In accordance with Your authorized use of the Service, RSI grants You a limited license to use the plug-in solely in connection with the Service offered by RSI. You acknowledge that the plug-in downloaded in connection with the Service is proprietary to RSI and may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, product marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws; therefore, You are only permitted to use this plug-in as expressly authorized by the Service and these Terms. Further, Emergency Reporting, RSI and the RSI logo, and other names, logos, icons and marks identifying RSI’s products and services are trademarks of RSI and may not be used without the prior written permission of RSI. All other product names mentioned are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holders. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works of this plug-in without expressly being authorized to do so by RSI. Further, You may not reverse engineer, decompile, alter, modify, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the plug-in. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved to RSI.
5. MODIFICATIONS: RSI may amend these Terms at any time by (i) posting a revised Terms of Service document on https://www.EmergencyReporting.com and/or (ii) sending information regarding the Terms amendment to the email address You provide to RSI. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the https://www.EmergencyReporting.com site to obtain timely notice of such amendments. You manifest intent to accept these amended terms if You continue to use Your membership account after such amended terms have been posted or information regarding such amendment has been sent to You. Otherwise, these Terms may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. Further, RSI reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service with or without notice to You. RSI shall not be liable to You or any third party should RSI exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Service.
6. PASSWORDS AND SECURITY: As part of the registration process, You will be issued a unique user name and password for access to the Demo Account. You agree to carefully safeguard all of Your passwords. You are solely responsible if You do not maintain the confidentiality of passwords and account information. Furthermore, You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your account. You agree to immediately notify RSI of any unauthorized use of Your account or any other breach of security known to You, including if You believe that Your password or account information has been stolen or otherwise compromised.
7. TERMINATION: RSI may immediately terminate Your membership and right to use the Demo Account if (a) You breach these Terms; (b) RSI is unable to verify or authenticate any information You provide to RSI; (c) such information is inaccurate; or (d) RSI decides, in its sole discretion, to discontinue offering the Demo Service. RSI shall not be liable to You or any third party for termination of the Service. You may terminate Your Account and end Your use of the Service at any time, for any reason or for no reason. Upon termination of Your account, You shall remain liable for all fees incurred or accrued by You and any fees you may have paid in advance are nonrefundable. Upon expiration or termination for any reason, You are no longer authorized to use the Service or Software. When this Agreement is terminated and/or Your Account is canceled, You will no longer have access to data and other material You have stored on the Site and that material may be deleted by RSI.
8. MAINTENANCE AND UPDATES: You understand that RSI may update the Software at any time, but is under no obligation to inform You of or furnish to You any such updates. This Agreement does not grant You any right, license or interest in or to any support, maintenance, improvements, modifications, enhancements or updates to the Software or supporting documentation. To the extent that RSI supplies any updates to You, such updates will be deemed to be subject to the terms of this Agreement unless RSI indicates otherwise. RSI reserves the right to charge fees for any future versions of, or updates to, this Software.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. RSI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RSI MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR ERROR FREE, NOR DOES RSI MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE ACCURACY OF ANY OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PLUG-IN WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED (INCLUDING PLUG-INS) THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. NO INFORMATION OR ADVICE, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM RSI OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN NO EVENT SHALL RSI OR BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, EVEN IF RSI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. RSI’S LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IS LIMITED TO $50. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. INDEMNITY: You hereby agree, at Your expense, to indemnify, defend and hold RSI harmless from and against any loss, cost, damages, liability or expense arising out of or relating to (a) a third-party claim, action or allegation of infringement based on information, data, files or other content submitted by You; (b) any fraud or manipulation, or other breach of these Terms by You; or (c) any third-party claim, action or allegation brought against RSI arising out of or relating to a dispute between its users over the terms and conditions of a contract or related to the purchase and sale of any services.